HOW TO START AN ART JOURNALShop By Genius
You have again fallen for a cute diary while scrolling online but don’t know what to do with so many diaries lined up on the shelf?
ART JOURNALING – This is your answer!
It doesn’t require you to be an artist or a writer.
It does not have to be expensive or complicated.
It’s a space where you can let loose your thoughts and words and creative self and explore with colors, shapes, lines, and your words all at once. It can be free-form and expressive or it can have more of a “finished” art product on each page. It can be whatever you want.
There’s only one rule.
But, if this is already in your plan and you don’t know how to start or where to start, here are some tips and tricks to get you started.
- Do what comes easily.
- Initially you don’t have to work hard on it because then this will feel like work. Remember this is not something you HAVE to do. It’s not compulsory. It’s just an escape from your stressful and chaotic schedule.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. NEVER!
- Break the so-called ‘rules’ and experiment with colors, lines, shapes, techniques and words.
- Don’t censor your words or thoughts.
- Do it as often as possible.
Sometimes you will find it frustrating because you will have the desire to create but you will be stuck. Don’t worry! Have patience and don’t give up easily.
Let your creative juices flow!